Monday, May 28, 2012

Beach Boys, vinyl packages and shelling out

So, as you are all undoubtedly aware after several posts about it, The Beach Boys have a new album coming out in June.

This new album is getting released to vinyl (though that release has been delayed at least twice ... my order on Amazon got pushed back to July, and then to August), which is pretty cool in and of itself.

What I wasn't aware of, however, is that the first single from the album ("That's Why God Made the Radio") has ALSO been pressed to 7" vinyl!


The downside? You have to buy the package.

I think packages in general are cool, so please don't misunderstand me. I've been the beneficiary of many package deals for several artists, and there are perks to it.


But I don't really need the poster. And I probably won't be able to wear the T-shirt (I'm a big dude). So I'm stuck paying for those items on top of the 33 1/3 record and the 7" vinyl. I will cherish the record. I'd love the 7" vinyl. But is it worth it to me to buy the whole package for $60 to get that 7" vinyl?

I don't know.

I'm sorely, sorely tempted. But that's a lot to pay for such an item.

And don't even get me STARTED on the $500 signed package ... That's not gonna happen, I can't even afford to pretend to consider it.

What do you think of the vinyl package deal? And are you going to get a copy yourself?

You can view (and then purchase) the vinyl package for the new album by clicking these words.

The new Beach Boys album is out June 5! It's almost here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...