Saturday, December 31, 2011

Have a happy New Year's Day!

I can't speak for you folks, but 2011 had its share of ups and downs on my end (as do most years).

I went on a great ski trip in February with my wife and family. I met Brian Wilson in July when my wife (and family) went to see him in concert, and he signed an album for me. I won a Brian Wilson-signed "SMiLE Sessions" box set in a Facebook contest. And I got married! I love my wife and I enjoy spending time with her family, and you can't beat that. The wedding was the biggest positive of the year. :) So, as you can see, some really great ups there!

I've also had some downs, including the death of my paternal grandfather, some issues at work and scattered bits and pieces here and there (I don't want to dwell on the negative).

I know that 2012 is going to have some challenging times, what with changes in my workplace (and in the industry in general) and all the other unknowns and unforeseeable obstacles. And there's the upcoming election, which means more negativity and bashing and self-promotion ... Bah, I say. Bah!

But there are good things on the way, too. The Beach Boys are reuniting for a worldwide tour, a new album and some compilations and archival releases. Very cool. :) There'll be great albums throughout the year, great new artists and new songs that will inspire and fulfill us in ways only music can do. The Rolling Stones might tour (well, Keith thinks they could), and who knows what else is just around the corner? Focusing on the good seems like the best route to take.

So tonight (New Year's Eve in my neck of the woods ... midnight fast approaching), I hope you all have a great time. I hope you stay safe, of course, but I hope you enjoy good friends, good family, and some love and laughter. Let us hope that 2012 is better than the best of 2011, and let us do our part to make that happen!

My best wishes to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...